Jitin Chawla’s Centre for Career Development is one of the largest education
consultancies in India. We use comprehensive and scientific career counselling systems
which have led to ground-breaking results and success stories in admissions worldwide,
career alignments, and scholarships abroad.
The Counsellor is the face of the organisation in terms of client interaction. As a Study
abroad counsellor, you would mainly be responsible for advising students about
prospective study abroad programs from a growing number of available options. This
would involve advising them in the selection of programs compatible with their academic
curriculum, interests, and concerns, and guiding them through the application, acceptance,
preparation, departure, and re-entry stages.
A big part of your job would be to gain an understanding of a student’s real and perceived
challenges with regard to academic study in different cultural environments, and helping
them to overcome those challenges.
- An in-depth understanding of admission processes of foreign universities, with a
focus on the US, the UK, Canada, Singapore, and Western Europe.
- Knowledge about career trends and visa information of countries that are sought
out by Indian students for admission
- Willingness to engage and learn on the job every day.
- Patience and a non judgemental attitude
- Utilizing databases to compile statistical profiles of students