BBA full form is Bachelor of Business Administration. BBA course is the gateway to a plethora of job opportunities in numerous sectors such as Sales, Marketing, Education, Finance, Sales, and Government to name a few.
BBA is a three-year professional undergraduate course in Business Management. The course is open to students from all three streams i.e., Science, Arts and Commerce. The BBA course offers knowledge and training in management and leadership skills to prepare them for managerial roles and entrepreneurship.
Every company or organisation wants to earn profits from the business they run. For running their business successfully in the best possible way, companies require skilled professionals. These professionals / Managers, supervise the whole department they are in charge of and look after the smooth movement of the overall infrastructure of the department.
As Management lies at the centre of all companies, this makes a career in management very desirable for young graduates in the country and makes it a popular choice among them.
BBA degrees and course specialisations:
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
- BMS – Bachelor of Management Studies
- BBM – Bachelor of Business Management
- BBS – Bachelor of Business Studies
- DBA – Diploma in Business Administration
- DBM – Diploma in Business Administration
- Team Player
- Professional Communication Skills
- Consulting and Problem Solving Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Strong work ethic
- Time management
- Critical and Analytical Thinking
- Negotiating skills
BBA Core subjects:
|Principles of Management||Business Mathematics & Statistics||Introduction to Operations Research|
|Business Economics||Financial & Management Accounting||Production & Material Management|
|Personnel Management & Industry Relations||Marketing Management||Business Data Processing|
|Business Laws||Introduction to Psychology||Business Analytics|
|Introduction to Sociology||Micro Economics||Organisational Behaviour|
|Essentials of Marketing||Corporate Strategic Management||Human Resource Management|
|MIS / Systems Design||Understanding Industry and Markets||Leadership and Ethics|
|Strategy||Entrepreneurship||International Business Management|
|Sales & Distribution Management||Commercial Bank Management||Security Analysis|
|Manufacture Planning and Control||Digital Marketing||Retail Management|
|E-Commerce||Quantitative Methods||Computer Applications|
|Family Business Management||Export/ Import Management||PR Management|
|Project Management||Financial & Commodity Derivatives||Financial Modelling using spreadsheets|
|Industrial Relations and Labour Legislation||Consumer Behaviour|
Eligibility criteria: BBA
- Students are needed to clear 10+2 or equivalent examinations from any recognized board or school.
- Some colleges consider the criteria of securing 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- The age should be between 17 to 25 years.
- Students from all streams can pursue BBA as a course provided the required maths which may vary university to university.
BBA Entrance Exams
Popular BBA Entrance Exams for Admission
- IPU CET BBA – IP University
- AIMA UGAT – All India Management Association
- CUET – Christ University
- DU JAT – Delhi University
- NMIMS NPAT – Narsee Monjee
- SET – Symbiosis
How to build on the subject:
Students from all streams are eligible for the BBA after Class XII. Some of the institutes may require students to have mathematics in their Class XII. One can do various courses online to get a foundational understanding of management as a course. Such courses are available on Edx, Udemy, SimpliLearn, etc. One can make use of the free resources to get a fair understanding of the subject. Further, joining platforms like open school of Khan Academy will help you learn basic concepts in peer learning mode. Various summer camps and entrepreneurship and management workshops can always help in building interest into the field of management.
Do I need to take coaching?
Yes, if you are someone who is not familiar with commerce as a subject or feel mathematics and reasoning are your limiting points, coaching will be a great way to achieve knowledge base on the entrance examinations.
Top BBA Colleges & Universities:
- IIM Indore
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Jammu
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Bodh Gaya
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies Delhi
- Christ University Bangalore
- Shiv Nadar, Greater Noida
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade-Andhra Pradesh
- Christ University
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune
Recommended books :
- OUTLIERS, THE STORY OF SUCCESS by Malcolm Gladwell
SHOEDOG by Phil Knight
ZERO TO ONE by Peter Thiel
THE 4 HOUR WORK WEEK by Timothy Ferriss
Top BBA related certifications recommendations: